BellyMoms Maternity and Nursingwear Top 10 Summer Nursing Essentials
We are finally getting into the midst of summer! Hurrah, who doesn’t love summer?! It’s the best time to enjoy the outdoors with your little ones and to wear those flirty dresses, fun sleeveless tops and tanks. But dressing in a way that is both fashionable, cool and comfortable as well as easy to nurse in can be challenging. So to help you with this dilemma, we here at BellyMoms would like to share our top 10 Summer Nursing Essentials.
- Nursing Shelf Tanks – These are the perfect nursing mom’s summer wardrobe savior. Nursing cami tanks are so versatile you can layer them under t-shirts or button up shirts, wrap a scarf around for more style and evening cover-up or just wear as is on a hot day in the park. Our nursing cami tops are long enough to hide the postpartum belly and convenient to nurse in with easy open and close clasps and shelf bra for support.
- V-Neck or Scoop Neck Nursing T-Shirts – These tops are the best summer baby nursing tops. The easy neckline access to nursing makes all scoop neck tops perfect breastfeeding styles.
- Nursing Bra – These are by far the most important for all items in your wardrobe. A comfortable nursing bra can make breastfeeding fun and easy. Choose a bra that is not too tight, yet provides the support you need for your enlarged post pregnancy boobs. Avoid bras with under-wires as they can cause mastitis.
- Breastfeeding Maxi Dress – Summertime is Maxi time! The maxi dress is still a fashionable new mom need to have. They provide comfort, fashion and keep you cool while nursing.
- Nursing Sleeveless Lounge Dress - This dress makes lounging and breastfeeding simple and comfortable. Every new mom needs to include one in her summer collection of dresses. Bring baby home from hospital wearing this dress which is comfy enough to fall asleep in.
- Nursing Wrap Tops – Are a breastfeeding mom’s best friend. They are designed to be pushed aside for nursing in and they offer a touch of style too!
- Layered Sleeveless Breastfeeding Tops – The layered style of summer tops are an easy nursing style. Keeping them sleeveless offers a lot of flexibility in wearing as it’s easy to add a cover up for evening wear.
- Nursing Tanks with wide straps – If you are like most new breastfeeding mom’s you will want to wear a nursing bra under your tops. So when choosing tank tops look for those that have wide straps to help cover your breastfeeding bra straps.
- Breastfeeding Poncho – A nursing poncho is a handy item to keep in your purse or diaper bag. It is the perfect cover for breastfeeding in a public spot and it comes in very useful to hide any stains if baby happens to spit up on your shirt.
- Tunic Style Nursing Tops – These tops are great because you can wear them as a short dress if you like or pair them with shorts or leggings.
So, there you have it! It can be fun and easy to dress trendy for breastfeeding during summer! We hope that this collection of tips and outfit ideas is a useful resource for breastfeeding moms. Enjoy the Summer!